United Health Group, Inc. is a Fortune 500 Company whose Foundation dates back to 1977, when it was established as UnitedHealthCare Corporation. It acquired Charter Med Incorporated in 1977, which was founded in 1974 and traces its origin in it. UnitedHealth Group introduced the first network-based health plan for seniors in 1979. It's a world leader in the field of managed health care. It was listed on NYSE in 1984.It currently has approximately 70 million customers.
United Health Group's Businesses include:
- Employer Business Services
- Health Care Services
- Knowledge & Information Services
- Specialized Care Services
United Health Group's Group Companies include:
- United Healthcare: Provides customer-oriented health advantage policies and services to employers ranging from individuals, small to mid-size, large local employers all over the country.
- Ovations: Serves the health and well-being requirements of people aged above 50.
- AmeriChoice: Provides personal care and health care management services for Medicaid programs sponsored by the beneficiaries and state.
- Uniprise: Delivers person-specific and advanced information, technology, health care benefit, and financial services solutions.
- Specialized Care Services: Provides broad range of well-being, advanced health, and related advantage services.
- Ingenix: Provides health care technology, data, & logical services.
|UnitedHealth Group Inc.|
|Type||Public (NYSE : UNH)|
|Headquarters||Minnetonka , Minnesota , USA|
|Key people||Stephen Hemsley, CEO|
|Industry||Health Care Plans|
|Products||Uniprise, Health Care Services, Specialized Care Services, and Ingenix|
|Revenue (2005)||$45.365 billion USD|
|Operating income (2005)||$5.373 billion USD|
|Net income (2005)||$3.300 billion USD|