Travel Insurance, Travel Health Insurance or Trip Insurance is basically the insurance for those who don't want to take a risk in their travel. Suppose you are going abroad for any reason, but unfortunately you become ill and you become unable to stay at all, and you decide to return back it's OK but what about that money, what you have spent and what you will spend for your health..
In this situation travel heath insurance plays a very important role. Travel health insurance provides benefit in any way in what you want.
- Trip cancellation insurance
- Trip interruption insurance
- Travel accident insurance
- Travel baggage loss insurance
- Travel emergency evacuation insurance
- Travel medical expenses insurance
- The primary benefit for travel insurance policy is the medical benefit. In case of medical benefit , there are the medical expenses which are given by the company which takes your insurance. These medical expenses include: hospital room and board, intensive care nursing and professional services, operating room charges, diagnostic testing, anesthesiology, out-patient surgical facilities, physician visits, medications and ambulance transportation. There are certain companies which gives insurance regarding your pre-existing condition such as asthmatic condition. However such situation depends upon company to company and policy to policy.
- With some policies dental insurance is also applicable.
- Most policies include emergency medical evacuation benefit, which covers the cost of transporting you to a qualified medical facility, if you are in the condition to treat your self. In this situation the insurance company decides that alternate facility.
- In some situations there may be possibility to return to your home country for appropriate medical treatment. This condition is known as medical repatriation . In such situation the expenses are paid by the insured company.
- During your travel there may situation in which you have to go for hospitalization, the insurance company may offer an Emergency Medical Reunion benefit Under this benefit, the insurance company will cover the travel costs of a family member or friend from your home country to be at your side and to accompany you on your return trip home.
Limitations and restrictions
With travel Health insurance there are some limitations and restrictions. We have pointed out them as...
- Length of coverage: Travel health policies are purchased
only for the length of time in which you will be out of
your home country. These policies get expire on your return
to your home.
- Pre-existing condition : The second most restriction
is that the company will not be responsible of any Pre-existing
condition of the patient, before starting of policy, for
example routine physical exams, immunizations, injury caused
from hazardous sports or activities, dental care or routine
- The minimum time period for taking a travel insurance is 5 days. These policies may cover a range up to the 1 year. How ever they may be renewable for up to the three years depending upon the policies. For expatriates who are moving to a foreign country may purchase an international health insurance policy that is annually renewable.